1 out of 5 leaves
TIME TO HARVEST
INDOOR VS OUTDOOR
BEST TOWER POSITION
Top or Bottom
Why We Love Flowers
Tower Garden isn’t just for fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Our growers can also plant wonderful flowers to brighten up their garden, and their homes. Flowers thrive in Tower Garden’s aeroponic system and make it easy for growers to experiment with hundreds of different flower varieties, including edible ones. Some flowers are also great at pest control!
Here are just a few of the hundreds of flower varieties you can grow with Tower Garden:
- Violas – Come in a variety of different colors, with some blossoms featuring multiple colors in each bloom. Violas are also edible, making them excellent for garnishes and salad ingredients.
- Nasturtium – Featuring bright greenery and vibrant petals, this edible plant features a beautiful mix of white, yellow, red, and orange petals.
- Dwarf Sunflower – Characterized by thin stems with large, bright yellow flowering petals. Requires a lot of sunlight for optimum growth.
- Calendula – Commonly known as Pot Marigold, this flower adds a summery color to any garden. Known for its beautiful yellow and orange flowers, the calendula is a perfect complement to any fruit or veggies you may already have growing in your Tower Garden.
View more information on starting your seeds.
- Germinate your seeds. This step will take roughly 1-2 weeks. Flower seeds should be ready for transplant (about 2-3 weeks) when they have a good root system growing from the rockwool cubes.
- Place one seedling cube into each net pot or growing clip on your Tower Garden Growing System. The flower variety will determine where to place the net pots in your garden. Smaller flowers and flowers that grow upright should be placed in the upper tier, while flowers that grow out should be placed toward the bottom.
- Gently press the seedling cube until it touches the base of the net pot or growing clip.
Light exposure and watering cycle can be controlled by our digital timer, but for manual reference:
For outdoor – minimum 5 hours of full sunlight daily
For indoor – set grow light timer for 14 hours on, 10 hours off
Please set the Tower timer to “O” for outdoor growing or “I” for indoor growing.
Maintenance & Pest Prevention
- Check water and pH levels at least weekly.
- Keep roots away from pump.
- If not in full sun when outdoors, rotate garden regularly for even growing.
- Clean pump monthly.
- Check regularly for pests.
- Remove dead plant debris.
- Destroy diseased plant material.
- Harvest flowers when they look their best for display or culinary uses.
- Snip or pinch off any spent blooms to promote more vigorous flowering.
- Many flower varieties respond positively to deeper pruning when they begin to mature. Prune off up to one third of the stem height.